Idaho Court Administrative Rules (I.C.A.R.)
Rules Governing the Administration and Supervision of the Unified and Integrated Idaho Judicial System.
Purpose and Designation of Rules-
These rules are for the purpose of administering and supervising the unified and integrated Idaho judicial system by the Supreme Court pursuant to Article V, Section 2, of the Constitution of the State of Idaho. These rules shall supplement all other rules of procedure adopted by the Supreme Court and may be abbreviated as the "Idaho Court Administrative Rules," (I.C.A.R.).
> Idaho Supreme Court Extended Access Order (Rev. 04/2016)
Part I. Service by Magistrates
1. Practice of law prohibited.
2. Removal of magistrates without cause.
3. Discipline and removal of magistrates.
4. Pro tempore trial judges by agreement.
5. Civil Jurisdiction of Magistrates; Assignment of Cases.
6. Special Assignment to Magistrates.
7. Enlargement of Civil Cases Assignable.
9. - 10. [Reserved.]
Part II. Disposition of Fines, Costs, Forfeitures and Fees
11. Disposition of bail bond forfeitures in misdemeanor charges.
12. Repealed 7/1/2004.
13. - 20. [Reserved.]
Part III. Reporting of Court Proceedings
21. Certification of district court reporters.
22. Special examination by certified shorthand reporters board.
23. Notes, files and records - Property of the district court.
24. Temporary court reporters.
25. Reporting of proceedings in the magistrates division.
26. Expenses of Court Reporters.
27. Attendance of court reporters in district court.
28. Supervision of court reporters - performance of duties.
29. Filing of transcripts and extensions of time.
Part IV. Court Records Required; Preservation, Destruction, or Disposition of
31. Records kept by the clerk of the district court.
32. Records of the judicial department - Examination, inspection and copying - Exemption from and limitations on disclosure.
33. Withdrawal of Files.
34. - 36. [Reserved.]
37. Preservation, destruction, or disposition of trial court records and property - Civil actions.
38. Preservation, destruction and disposition of trial court records and property - Criminal actions and infractions.
39. Destruction of recordings.
40. Appellate court records.
Part V. Other Court Standards and Procedures
41. Court facilities.
41.1 Clerk's Office and Orders by Clerk.
42. Administrative Judge - Selection, Term and Duties.
43. Trial court administrators.
43a. Administrative Conference
44. Nonjudicial Days.
45. Cameras in the courtroom.
46. Cameras in the courtroom - guidelines. (see 46a and 46b below)
46a. Cameras in the Supreme Court courtroom.
46b. Cameras in the courtroom during terms of the court outside of Boise.
47. Criminal History Checks.
48. Emergency Closure of Court Operations - Record of Closure - Disaster Emergency Plan.
49. Electronic devices in court facilities.
50. Policy Relating to Services Provided to People with Disabilities.
51. Effective date.
52. Court Interpreters Policy Declaration.
53. Court Assistance Services.
54. Guardianships and Conservatorships.
54.1. Ex Parte Communication.
54.2 Guardianship Reports.
54.3 Conservator Reports.
55. Drug Courts and Mental Health Courts.
56. Cost Recovery Fee Schedule for Family Court Services.
57. Time standards for case processing.
58. Assignment of resident chambers. (Suspended)
59. Vexatious Litigation.
Part VI. Jury Service and Jury Trial Procedures
60. Selection of Master Jury List and Master Jury Wheel.
60.1 Selection of Jury Panel.
61. Credit for jury service.
62. Excuse from jury service.
63. Summons of jurors - Enforcement.
64. Orientation of jurors.
65. Trial interruptions - Jury deliberations schedule.
Part VII. Preservation of Evidence
72. Discipline, removal, or involuntary retirement of a justice or judge.
Part VIII. Qualifications for Court Approved Rosters.
73. Qualifications of Civil Mediators.
74. Registration of Private Civil Litigation Evaluators.