Main menu

Idaho Juvenile Rule 18. Revocation of Formal Probation Order; Revocation of Informal Adjustment; and Entry of Adjudication Order (J.C.A.)

(a)  When a court has entered an order of formal probation or an informal adjustment order and a motion or petition, together with a sworn affidavit, is filed with the court by the prosecuting attorney alleging that the juvenile has violated the terms and conditions of probation or informal adjustment, the court shall set a hearing on the violation alleged. 


(b)  At the violation hearing, the burden of proof shall be upon the state by a preponderance of the evidence. 


(c)  Upon a finding by the court that the juvenile has violated the formal probation order or the informal adjustment order, the court may: 


(1)  Enter an order reinstating the juvenile on probation on additional terms and conditions; 


(2)  Enter an order imposing any suspended term of detention or suspended commitment to the Department of Juvenile Corrections; 


(3)  In the case of an informal adjustment, enter an order of adjudication and impose any sentence available to the court pursuant to I.C. Section 20-520. 



As the Third Branch of Government, we provide access to justice through the timely, fair, and impartial resolution of cases.


Members of the
Idaho Supreme Court

Chief Justice Roger S. Burdick
Justice Joel D. Horton
Justice Robyn M. Brody
Justice G. Richard Bevan
Justice John R. Stegner

Members of the
Idaho Court of Appeals

Chief Judge David W. Gratton
Judge Sergio A. Gutierrez
Judge Molly J. Huskey
Judge Jessica M. Lorello



Promoting Openness In The Courts
Do you have suggestions about how we can better serve you?