Idaho Appellate Rule 2. Scope and Definitions.
(a) Scope. These rules shall govern all appeals and petitions for special writs or proceedings in the Supreme Court.
(b) Definitions. For purposes of these rules:
(1) "District court" shall include the district courts of all judicial districts but shall not include the magistrates divisions thereof.
(2) "Appellant" shall include "petitioner."
(3) "Respondent" shall mean the adverse party not initially seeking affirmative relief.
(4) "Petition" shall include "complaint" or "application."
(5) "Administrative agency" shall include only the Public Utilities Commission and the Industrial Commission.
(6) "Transcript" shall mean the reporter's transcript.
(7) "Record" shall mean the clerk's or agency's record.
(8) "Clerk" shall mean the clerk of the district court, or the secretary or designated clerk, if any, of the Industrial Commission or the Public Utilities Commission.
(Adopted March 25, 1977, effective July 1, 1977.)
Promoting Openness In The Courts
Do you have suggestions about how we can better serve you?