Idaho Appellate Rule 34.1 Electronic Briefs (optional).
(a) Additional electronic copy. In addition to the current requirement for paper copies of briefs, it is requested, but not required, that an additional copy of the brief be filed electronically. Electronic filings will be subject to the same due dates as hard copy briefing. If an electronic copy is filed, it must be submitted in the following form and format:
1. Each efiling shall be submitted either by email attachment or on a separate CD, with an electronic copy served on each party to the appeal.
2. Each email attachment or CD must include a label that identifies the case name, the docket number, type of brief (i.e. appellantís brief, respondentís brief).
3. Files shall be submitted as a searchable PDF file because this format generally may not be altered.
4. The email attachment or CD must contain only an electronic copy of the submitted hard copy brief. The email attachment or CD must not contain any document or material that is not included in the original hard copy of the brief filed with the Court.
5. The email attachment or CD must be free of viruses or any other files that would be disruptive to the Court's computer system.
6. If submitting an efiling as an email attachment at the time the brief is filed, please advise the Clerk's office in your transmittal letter accompanying hard copies; please send efilings to email@example.com .
7. If an electronic brief is filed, a Certificate of Compliance must also be submitted as a separate document and should read as follows:
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE
The undersigned does hereby certify that the electronic brief submitted is in compliance with all of the requirements set out in I.A.R. 34.1, and that an electronic copy was served on each party at the following email address(es):
Dated and certified this _________ day of ____________, 20___.
(b) Electronic briefs in criminal cases. In criminal cases the parties may file an electronic brief without the necessity of filing any paper copies of the brief. The filing must comply in all other respects with the requirements set forth in subsection (a) of this rule.
(New Rule 34.1, Adopted March 21, 2007, effective July 1, 2007; amended December 29, 2015, effective January 1, 2016.)