Idaho Rules of Civil Procedure Rule 16(a). Pre-trial Conferences, Objectives.
In any action, the court may in its discretion direct the attorneys for the parties and any unrepresented parties to appear before it for a conference or conference before trial for such purposes as:
(1) expediting the disposition of the action;
(2) establishing early and continuing control so that the case will not be protracted because of lack of management;
(3) discouraging wasteful pre-trial activities;
(4) improving the quality of the trial through more thorough preparation;
(5) facilitating the settlement of the case; and
(6) recommending and encouraging that the parties use some form of alternative dispute resolution and, in appropriate cases, ordering the parties to engage in mediation or a court conducted settlement conference.
(Adopted March 28, 1986, effective July 1, 1986; amended April 19, 1995, effective July 1, 1995.)
Promoting Openness In The Courts
Do you have suggestions about how we can better serve you?